I lost my mucus plug on Wednesday... thought no big deal... had contractions all night, but it was irregular with not that much pain. Thursday morning around 10:45 I decided it was becoming more regular, so I called Andy and my parents. The whole way to the hospital I did not have a single contraction, and I just knew they are going to send me back. When they examined me, I was dilated 5cm, my Dr. decided I should stay to get my dosages of penicillin in (just what I wanted) At 6 I was still a 5, had my antibiotics in, so Dr. Harris broke my water. I dilated in an hour to 8 cm. Oh, my goodness and was that PAINFUL! I have never never experienced such discomfort, and hoping I will never again. It was JUST CRAZY to try without an epidural. So around 7pm I decided to ask for the anesthesiologist. He showed up 30 minutes later. He had to poke my spine twice! The first poke was successful, but the catheter had a defect, because of sterile field etc. I had to sit up strait on my bottom for another 20 minutes without any pain meds; the worst that I was not allowed to move, NOT even with a violent contraction. It was absolutely miserable. So needless to say, he got it in around 8, I was a "complete" and our baby's head was coming out. I only pushed 4 times. Thank goodness. I did get in that mean phase, and was not pleasant at all. I always wondered if I will be able to "hold my pose" but no, I didn't. :)
All that matters, we have a healthy baby, he weighed 8lbs 1oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. His head and chest was 13 1/2 inches. He looks just like McCade, except he has really dark hair. I always thought it will be either blond or red.
McCade is doing so, so well. He is such a GREAT big brother. He is very excited about his brother, and wants to help and care for him so bad. He said today when Dylan woke up, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. He asks about him and pet his head real gentle.









2 comments:
Christine, Congratulations on your sweet baby!!! He looks wonderful! You look pretty good yourself. Are you sure you just had a baby? It doesn't look so from those pictures. We are so happy for you and Andy. Love, Brett and Jill
Oh, he is so precious!! I cannot wait to meet him. You look fantastic, Christine.
Post a Comment